How to Make Sure Your Sioux Falls Home is Ready for Spring
It’s that time of year again! Spring cleaning isn’t just for the interior of your home. The winter season can be tough on the outside of your house. It’s important to inspect and make all necessary repairs before the infamous rainy season moves in. Follow our Sioux Falls Spring home improvement tips to avoid water damage to your home.
Sioux Falls Spring Home Improvement Tips:
- Go out on a limb. Clean out your rain gutters! This chore is too often overlooked. Leaves and debris can prevent rain water from draining properly.
- It’s over your head, or is it? Check your rain gutters for fragments of your roof. If you find an abundance of particles in your gutters, make sure to have your roof inspected.
- Raise the roof, not your stress. Look for any cracked or missing shingles on your roof. Take care of any problem areas to prevent leakage.
- It’s a breeze. Check the exterior caulking around doors, windows, air conditioning cooling lines, etc. Re-caulk any areas that could use attention.
- Knock on wood, both literally and figuratively. Examine any exterior wood siding and trim for wood rot and moisture damage.
- Don’t just blow smoke. If you have a stone chimney, inspect the bricks. If you find any efflorescence, a white calcium deposit, your chimney is absorbing water and needs to be re-sealed.
- Warm up to your air conditioner. Change the filter, check for leaks around the house and make sure the drain pan is working correctly.
Take note of anything concerning then make plans to repair any damage. Maintaining these areas of your house can help prevent meddlesome moisture from moving into your home and causing costly water damage.
For All of Your Sioux Falls Real Estate Needs
The Fisher Sisters team is here to help you navigate the Sioux Falls real estate market. Whether you’re buying or selling your home in Sioux Falls, we can guide you through every step of the process. Easily search for the home of your dreams by features and location or size and price. You can even save your searches and sign up to receive instant notifications when properties that meet your criteria are listed on the market! Contact us today to start your search.
If you’re considering selling your home, list with the Fisher Sisters for a smooth and profitable sale. Using our staging services, cutting-edge marketing techniques and local expertise, we can ensure that your home is sold quickly and at the price you’re seeking.